Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Play as reward


I've "borrowed" Noor, Monicas Siberian Husky, again. I just got so inspired at the obedience course last weekend, that I just had to have a dog to practice what I've learned with. I have been trying to teach Noor things using only food/treats as reward, and that works well, for a while, but she soon loses interest. So I went and bought her a ball and a rope with knots. So far we have only played with the ball,which she loved! But in the beginning she didn't understand that she could come back to me in order to get me to throw the ball again, or to offer behaviors or listen to commands for that matter.. It didn't take many play sessions for her to get this though. We've been playing four times now and now she sits down directly when I hold the ball, she still doesn't run back to me with the ball though.. but when I want the ball backs she just gives it up, no problem! Which is very nice. We just have to work on her bringing it to me. But one thing at a time. For now we just enjoy playing together! Below is a video of one of the first playing sessions we had.



No comments:

Post a Comment