Sunday, September 7, 2014

Tromsø Dog Show 6 September 2014

Dalmatians at the dog show.
 There was a dog show this weekend here in Tromsø, and even though I wasn't showing my own dog, I went there on Saturday. I know several people that show their dogs and I also knew that there was going to be an agility competition, so I was looking forward to meeting other dog enthusiasts and taking a lot of pictures.

A whippet jumping over an obstacle on the agility course.
My friend Monica, that breeds Siberian Huskies on an island outside of Tromsø, showed one of her own dogs and helped show a puppy from her kennel. It felt really good to cuddle a bit with Vida, whom I've known since she was born. I miss them all so much! Must make sure to visit them more often in the future.

Monica and her Siberian husky Vida, showing great contact. Both of them has really come a long way since there first dog show together. I'm so proud of both of them!
Vida trotting beautifully.
Storm, a puppy from Monica's kennel.
Monica's friend and team mate on team Snykovet, Silje, showing her Siberian Bella.
 For the second time ever I stayed for the final where they compete for Best in Show, or BIS for short. The first time I did that was because I then helped show some dogs in Harstad. Read more about that here.

A Gordon Setter, an English Pointer and a German Pointer in the Best in Group (BIG) final.
 My favorite part is the puppy BIS final. The stakes aren't as high there and there is more focus on letting the dogs have a good experience than it is for the adult dogs.

A chihuahua puppy being rewarded with liver paté during the Best in Show puppy final.
 I also met a friend and her new Malinois puppy Mar. She was stunning! Now I almost want one... But Link is still enough work for me without adding another dog. At least for the time being.

The 11 week old Malinois puppy called Mar.

A slightly older Malinois puppy in the BIS puppy final.
 During the day I also seized the opportunity to check out another favorite dog breed of mine, the Danish Swedish Farmdog. There were about ten of these wonderful dogs there and they showed quite a lot of diversity, something that is to be expected in such a young, and so far relatively healthy, breed.
This guy looks like he could be the brother of Mads' parent's dog Scott, with the same color and very similar markings.

Four Danish Swedish Farmdogs waiting to get their chance in the show ring.

There was of course time for some play before their turn in the show ring.

 I took roughly 1400 photos during this day, so here comes some of the best ones:

A Bernese Mountain dog puppy.

Bichon Frisé that won BIG (best in group).

Cairn terrier puppy in the BIS puppy final.

A Chinese Crested.

Flatcoated Retriever, if I'm not mistaken, this dog got BIS 2, which means second place in the Best in Show final.

French bulldog

A couple of Golden retrievers sniffing a very interesting spot on the ground.

Two Gordon Setters.

Icelandic Sheepdog

Jack Russel Terrier

Lancashire Heeler

Leonberger puppy in the BIS puppy final.

A Miniature Bull Terrier puppy in the BIS puppy final.

A closeup of the Miniature Bull Terrier puppy.

A rather uncommon breed up here, actually don't believe I've ever seen one before, this is a Podenco Ibicenco.

Pomeranian in the BIG final.

A Rhodesian Ridgeback that got second place in the BIG final.
The Dalmatian that won Best in Show! This picture is from the BIG final, which it of course also won.

Samoyed

A Shetland Sheepdog puppy in the BIS puppy final.

Shetland Sheepdog doing agility.

Shiba.

Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
For more pictures from the dog show: http://dogtelligent.blogspot.no/2014/09/troms-dog-show-6-september-2014-more.html

2 comments: