Sunday, March 2, 2014

Visiting the Huskies

Last Sunday, one week ago, Link, Mads and I went visiting my friend Monica, her family and all of their wonderful Siberian Huskies. One of their female dogs just had a litter of seven puppies. The mother's name is Lærke (pronounced [læ:rkɛ]) and she was very happy to have some visitors, not hesitant or nervous having us around her puppies at all. She really is a wonderful, trusting dog!


All of the seven puppies!
I'm not going to get any new dog any time soon, but I must admit one of the male puppies really caught my eye. He has very similar markings and colors as Varg, a dog from a previous litter with the same father, Birk. And I really like Varg a lot. He now lives with a coworker of mine, so I get to see him from time to time. I really like Siberian huskies that has those "wolf-like" markings. They don't look like all of the other "normal" Siberians out there.

Beautiful Varg!
But one thing is certain, if I do get a Siberian it's going to be one from Monica. She had two 3-4 months old puppies there when we visited, from litters earlier in the winter. And I must say: Siberian huskies that are as social and eager to learn as those two are hard to come by! Monica clearly does a good job when it comes to socializing the puppies. Far too many people breeding huskies only have them outside, with the result that they are more dog oriented than people oriented. These two pups clearly demonstrated that Siberians can be trained to do far more than pulling sleds!

Birka, a female pup that was visiting.

Arwen, a female pup that Monica kept from a previous litter.

No comments:

Post a Comment