Monday, March 19, 2012

Harstad Dog Show 17-18 March 2012 - Day 1

I was at a dog show in Harstad this weekend. I brought my camera (as always) in hope of getting a lot of good new pictures but to my great disappointment the lighting was so bad that everything looked yellow. I tried to save some of the pictures by using a "cooling"-filter in Photoshop, but that just made them green instead.. I also didn't take as many pictures as I hoped I would because I helped a friend to show her dogs, she had 4 Siberian huskies in the show, so I didn't get as much time as I hoped to go around, looking at dogs, taking pictures and talking to dog owners. It was a very good experience though, I learned a lot about handling dogs I don't know and about showing dogs. Anyway, here are some of the pictures I got the first day.

This little dachshund had full focus on its handler.

One of my favorite breeds was in the ring before the Siberian huskies turn in the show ring, this is a Swedish Elkhound, also known as Jämthund.

The Karelian Bear Dog is also a favorite of mine and was also shown prior to the Siberian huskies.

In the show ring next to ours, Alaskan Malamutes were shown.

A Norwegian Black Elkhound.

The very beautiful (and very skinny) Saluki.

The Best of breed and Best of opposite sex among the Irish Wolfhounds.

A beautiful Bernese Mountain Dog (Berner Sennen)


No comments:

Post a Comment