Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday with the (husky) girls

Today I've mostly been out walking dogs. I am responsible for the well being of three of Monica's four Siberian huskies this weekend, and since one of them has a slight weight problem (Tessa) I decided she would get at least two hours of exercise today. The other two are not fully grown yet, one is 9 months (Noor) and the other one is 4,5 months (Vida), hence they could not join me and Tessa for that long a walk. So before lunch me and Tessa went out for a walk. She was super happy about it and it was very cozy to spend some time together, just the two of us.

Are we gonna go for a walk?! Tessa almost vibrating with joy :)

Beautiful Tessa, even if there is a bit more Tessa than it should be..

Here we have walked for about 1 hour, Tessa is starting to get tired.

Home again, two hours later, Tessa is really tired...
After having rested for about 3 hours, all three dogs and I went out for a second shorter walk. This was not easy in the beginning.. Especially since little Vida isn't used to focusing on walking straight ahead. But after only a few minutes she walked next to Noor like a pro! It was actually Noor that started losing focus on the way home, not Vida. Tessa was still tired after our long walk before lunch, and didn't make any fuss. She just walked calmly by my side, as the two youngsters did all the work in front of her.

I tried tying Tessa's leash to the other one, but since the youngsters sometimes lost focus, this just ended with them all being tangled up.

Full focus on walking.
Noor

Vida, with a harness that is a tad to big, but she is soon as big as Noor.
 So all in all, Tessa and I have walked for just over 3 hours today, I think we both will sleep well tonight! Right now they are lying around me on the floor, happily chewing of pieces of dried fish that they got for desert after dinner. This has been a wonderful day, both for me and the huskies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment