Friday, May 25, 2012

First Week at the Veterinary Center

I've just survived my first week as a veterinary assistant! I've learned a lot and at the moment I'm quite overwhelmed. I've seen puppies and kittens so cute I almost wanted to steal them. I've seen people receive wonderful news about puppies to be born, and people who just learned that their pet is beyond rescue. I've seen old dogs in surprisingly good health and young dogs with surprisingly bad health. I've met happy dogs, affectionate dogs, scared dogs, angry dogs, calm dogs, sad dogs and stressed dogs. I've seen hope turn into despair and back to hope again. I've seen happiness and heartbreak. I've seen life and death. I've really learned a lot.. But do you know what the best part is? When I wake up in the morning, I look forward to going to work! I believe I finally found MY place in this universe. Now I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment