Sunday, June 3, 2012

Practicing for the Show Ring


Today was the first real day of summer in Tromsø (Northern Norway), so I decided to go and visit my good friend Monica and her Siberian Huskies. We practiced for the show ring with the young dogs (Noor and Vida) in preparation for the dog show next weekend, where I will handle Noor. It went well, even though it took a few minutes for them to calm down enough to walk nicely by the side of the handler. I think it will go well on the dog show, since then they will have had to stand by the side of the show ring to wait for their turn and thus they will be relatively calm when we enter the show ring. We'll see..

Me and Noor, and Monica and Vida, practicing the "show ring pose".

Vida practicing the show ring walk.

Noor practicing the show ring walk.


After the practice session, Monica and I took the two dogs for a walk down by the sea and Monica took some beautiful pictures of me and the dogs (and an Eider duck on a nest).


It's not easy getting two dogs and a handler to pose for pictures...

No, I'm not blinking, I'm just looking at Vida and focusing on making the dogs stand still... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment