Sunday, June 17, 2012

Finally Summer in Northern Norway!




Today was the first real summers day (according to my definition at least), so Mads and I decided to go and borrow Mads' parents' dog Scott and take a hike on one of the islands outside of Tromsø. We had to borrow Scott, since in my book of reference, going for a walk or hike without a dog is sort of worthless.. Mads' parents decided to join us too so the five of us first went on a small road trip to see Sommarøy (Summer island) and then for the planned hike out on a small island called Brensholmen.

Danish Swedish Farmdog in Norwegian nature.
It started getting cloudy on our way there, but it was still rather warm (well by northern Norwegian standards..) so the hike was still nice. The birds have started nesting so Scott had to be on leash all the time, which he doesn't exactly like.. But he seemed to enjoy the trip anyway :)

Mediterranean sea? No, these sandy beaches are actually in northern Norway..

Norwegian nature never cease to surprise and captivate me. I have seen sandy beaches here before, but I get equally surprised every time I come across a beach with perfect white sand up here in. Today I saw about a dozen of them. But it wasn't hard to resist bathing in the sea, how ever inviting the beach looks, I know the water in the northern Atlantic is far from warm...

Beautiful Scott, posing for pictures.
It really was an awesome day out by the sea and to top it off we went to a small Italian restaurant for dinner when we came back to Tromsø. I hope you guys have had a nice Sunday, I surely have!

1 comment:

  1. A dog is a very faithful animal, if you have it in you house he will do whatever you want him to do, but for that you need to train it well, you need to take care of him and take him to any of the nearest dog training academy like Metro Dog so that he learns how to live among human being.

    ReplyDelete